Monday, July 21, 2008

impaired visionary -- 06.07.08

The first week of school has passed. A lot has happened between Monday morning until now. First off, Monday.

The day started off with my inability to sleep. So I watched Euro. For the first 20 minutes of the first half, it was just me and my brother. Then he dozed off after Torres scored. Hahah. Throughout the match, it was only me, hoping to see another goal by either David Silva, Cesc Fabregas, Xavi Hernandes, Xabi Alonso or even another by Fernando Torres. Well, hopes were just hopes if you don't have the power to see it happen. Germany conceded only one goal until the end of the finals. Then it was calebrating by the Spaniards, though I feel bad about the Germans.

I slept for only 40 minutes on my bed. Then it was off to school. Hahah. I got cranky for the first 3 periods, i.e. English and MIB. My mood got better come Maths D. Then, BREAK! Hahaha. I was in a far better mood than at the start of the term. Oh yeah, Choir. We were invited to sing the National Anthem for the Flag-Raising. Heh. Gulintangan. The competition was on Thursday. And I have a major role to play: playing the gulintangan for three songs. Ahhhh. We got a pep talk from Ms. Ivy about the competition. I hoped to get into the finals after the talk. Hahah.

Tuesday. I missed the first 4 periods for Choir. Then at the afternoon, Gulintangan practice. I also found out that Zian came back. Oh! I know how to play a very hard song on the Gulintangan now -- Ayasan. Haha. I am proud of myself.

Wednesday. I missed the first 4 periods also. But it was funner than Tuesday. Haha. Partly because most of the time, I was with Chok. Hahahhh. But I hate him for deleting his pictures in my phone and not lending me his book in his car. Hah. Gulintangan again. A 'full rehearsal'. Oh yeah, Ck. Fatimah called me in the morning to tell me that Imi is going to miss the Competition the next day, so I have to play the Gulintangan for ANOTHER song (the compulsory song) and find another person to replace me as the Gendang player. Ugh. More stress on my shoulder.

Thursday. The day I dreaded. I didn't know what would happen, and as far as I knew, I didn't want to know. Hahahaha. Two schools pulled out of the competition. We are the third to perform. Here is my comment on our performance:
The first song (compulsory) Kudidi -- my irama Hujan Berlari was too soft. The Gendang was suck-ish, because we played by hand and not by rotan.
The second song Dang Mengalai -- I think this is our best song yet. Except for the tar performance. That sucked, no offense. People liked me doing that thing with the sticks, Hafiz called it the helicopter. Hahah.
Third song Samalindang -- better. Though the recorder and the violin(s) screwed up.
Fourth song Panah Asmara -- good. The tawak2 player was dreaming.

Overall: satisfactory. But not enough to get into the finals. I think the judges are not qualified to judge. No Maktabs went in, not MS, MD or MSOAS. Just PTE, and that's because they're the host.

I feel bad of not getting into the finals. I cried, seriously.

Now, I only focus on studies and Choir. I'm tired. Ta.

No comments: