Sunday, April 27, 2008

reprimanded to the past tense

"For once, I can say 'this is mine, you can't take it'"
- Michael Buble, For Once in My Life

Waking up this morning urged me to eat some lollipops. And I did! Haha. Parents went out for the morning, and older brother didn't come home. So that leaves me and my sister. Heh. I looked out my window -- to confirm that my parents are out -- and I saw the cat. Yay! I haven't seen the cat -- named, Si Rimau -- since ever.

Yesterday was the
INTER-SCHOOL NATIONAL DEBATE COMPETITION SEMI-FINALS
S.M.SAYYIDINA OTHMAN vs. MAKTAB SAINS P.S.B.S.

"I'm inconsolable."
- Backstreet Boys, Unbreakable

The Debate started so late. Songs were played while waiting for one of the adjudicators to arrive. And if the song was upbeat, Nina and I would dance, for entertainment for our line. Hahah. Kesian jua eh, they were BORED. I have pictures in my phone, but it's in my room, and my leg is cramped. Ouuuch.

Oh, Sayyidina Othman meant Ameer Yura was going to be there, and he did! And also Ilhamuddin, he was one of the debaters. Even the Chairperson was one of a BASE Camper (technically, a facilitator). Ooooh. Ameer Yura is a Ketua Prefek. So proud of him. Hahaha.

Back to the Debate. The motion was This House Believes that Vehicle Access to the City Should be Restricted. Honestly, it wasn't a very good motion to be debated on, and it was misleading. The MS Team debated the motion in terms of Bandar Seri Begawan, as they thought that the motion stated that the City meant Bandar Seri Begawan, as Brunei doesn't have a city yet. And sooo..

Well, MS lost to SMSO, so I guess the motion meant the City in general. But the is a definite article, so it should mean a specific city. Aish. Santi was great with her speech! She was funny, politely rude, and all. She should've been Best Speaker. She really wanted to get into Bridging Minds. Poor her.

She threatened me so I could come to Mr Meer's for the Barbecue. But I didn't. I told my parents too late. Never mind. I watched AF for the boredom. Haha. Ended up sleeping to a rock song.

TADI, Hadrah was fiiine. I tricked some of the people that I wasn't going to join the Competition. Darn it. Anyway, the new song was great. We sang it all over again. It is a fun song.

Yawn, watching CSI is making me sleepy. Ta.

No comments: